- Information Technology
- CSCC 270 – Security (3)
CSCC 270 – Security (3)
Information and systems security is a growing concern for individuals and businesses alike. The proliferation of Internet and mobile-based applications makes privacy and confidentiality critical issues to consider. This competency introduces security terminology, technology and common security issues. Promotion of security awareness and prevention are emphasized.
Upon successful mastery of this competency, you will be able to:
- Understand foundational concepts of information systems security among various platforms.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basic principles of protecting computer and network security (e.g., intrusions, threats, vulnerabilities and attacks, and defenses).
- Perform an information security audit to include information systems access control fundamentals, logical and physical controls, authentication models and protocols, and system threats and risks.
- Develop an understanding of the concepts and procedures of disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Create an organizational security policy and training plan.