- Information Technology
- CSCC 315 – Organizations, Management, and the Networked Enterprise (3)
CSCC 315 – Organizations, Management, and the Networked Enterprise (3)
With this competency, students will be able to explain the role of information systems and identify the various types of systems used today. The competency will explore decision making through the use of information technology along with how they are used to support management and strategy.
Upon successful mastery of this competency, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of information systems and the role in organizations and how they are used to support management and strategy.
- Develop an understanding of ethical and social issues in information technology.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the major components of organizational information systems in support of operational excellence (e.g., enhanced decision making, E-Systems, and knowledge management).
- Demonstrate an understanding of information technology infrastructure including emerging technologies, foundations of business intelligence and information management, telecommunications, the Internet, wireless technology, and foundational security.