CSCC 320 – Sourcing Analysis (3)
In this competency, you will develop an understanding of the sourcing process and strategies for identifying and evaluating potential sources for procurement. You will examine various sourcing strategies, and the factors that influence these strategies, including forecasting of buying data, development of an organizational structure, and implementation of a business process design and e-solutions. You will also develop an understanding of internal and external communication within supply chain management, the importance of supplier contract management and negotiation, corresponding performance evaluations, and potential tools for continuous improvement.
Upon successful mastery of this competency, you will be able to:
- Develop the ability to identify and evaluate potential sources and competitive offerings to determine the overall best offer for a product/service.
- Develop the ability to communicate, both internally and externally, the buying strategies based on forecasted data.
- Develop the ability to establish and execute strategic sourcing plans, in congruence with organizational objectives and sourcing strategies.
- Develop an understanding of business process design including e-solutions.
- Develop an understanding of contract management and supplier performance measurement.