CSCC 353 – Networking (3)
Networking is the study and understanding of connecting computers and other devices together. Advances in technology have made network equipment very affordable and easy to install. This competency prepares you to create, design, and analyze a variety of complex network environments. You will also consider network protocols, topologies, and various designs.
Upon successful mastery of this competency, you will be able to:
- Discuss network technologies including Internet, intranet, and extranet, local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), wireless networking, network topologies, and access methods.
- Distinguish between various types of Network Hardware, including switches, routers, and media types.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Protocols and Services, including OSI model, IPv4,
- IPv6, DNS, networking services and TCP/IP.
- Design a network for a business including device type, topology, services, and protocols.