CSCC 420 – Database Querying and Reporting (3)
This competency introduces you to good database design in Structured Query Language (SQL) using a practical approach. You will learn how to create and design tables, use cursors, use transactions, and create views and stored procedures. This competency focuses on a step-by-step overview and implementation with hands-on labs and tutorials.
Upon successful mastery of this competency, you will be able to:
- Utilize SQL commands to select, update, and delete database records.
- Develop SQL statements which include subqueries.
- Troubleshoot and optimize existing SQL queries and statements for maximum performance.
- Employ SQL to create and alter database objects and tables.
- Distinguish between various types of SQL joins.