- Information Technology
- CSCC 478 – Business Intelligence and Data Analytics (3)
CSCC 478 – Business Intelligence and Data Analytics (3)
The purpose of this competency is to learn how to transform data into meaningful and useful information to assist in business analysis and data reporting processes. As an IT professional, the skills gained through the application of Business Intelligence and Data Analytics processes are valuable because they allow for more informed business decisions.
Upon successful mastery of this competency, you will be able to:
- Develop a plan for a Business Intelligence application.
- Describe the foundation for Business Intelligence concepts and principles.
- Compare different types of Business Intelligence systems such as knowledge management, decision support systems, Artificial Intelligence and Expert Systems.
- Utilize data warehousing technologies, data virtualization application, and basics of data mining.
- Conduct a business needs analysis for a Business Intelligence system.