- Business Studies
- Human Resources
- HRCC 406 – Workforce Diversity (3)
HRCC 406 – Workforce Diversity (3)
In this competency, you will explore the various characteristics that combine to create a diverse workforce culture by first identifying different types of diversity, the laws and compliancy that support them, and the overall value in workplace diversity and inclusion. You will be introduced to several examples of diversity and its management in work environments, and challenged to recognize its impact.
Upon successful mastery of this competency, you will be able to:
- Identify the different types of diversity (e.g. religion, capabilities and disabilities, socioeconomic background, sexual orientation, generations, gender cultures, and institutional “isms”).
- Explain how workforce diversity and inclusion creates value (e.g. attracting new customers, new lines of business, new product development, organizational goodwill and community engagement).
- Identify discrimination laws and compliance regulations (e.g. sexual harassment,
- ADA, gender, sexual orientation, age, and culture).
- Describe how to compare and analyze diversity policies and practices that lead to positive organizational impact and legal risk mitigation.