- Business Studies
- Human Resources
- HRCC 445 – Human Resource Management (3)
HRCC 445 – Human Resource Management (3)
HR managers must be competent in selecting the right candidate for each job opportunity, monitoring the performance and improvement of each employee, developing the KSA’s of employees to close performance gaps or to prepare them for job/career movement, manage work and tasks such that employees are motivated in their job role, and providing consistent and continuous performance feedback to employees. A competent HRM professional should be able to successfully recruit and hire, process a hiring decision based on ‘right fit’ principles, assess performance objectively and plan and execute development programs for their employees, that help them close KSA gaps and/or prepare for future roles.
Upon successful mastery of this competency, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of the manager in hiring and retaining talent.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of the manager in ensuring that employees have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform their jobs.
- Demonstrate knowledge of managerial role in directing work and maximizing productivity through effective and efficient job design.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the manager’s role in performance appraisal: how to evaluate employee performance and provide feedback.