MGTC 301 – Fundamentals of Management (3)
This competency offers a broad look at the nature of managerial work and the roles of effective management. The nature and role of the four tasks of management – planning, organizing, leading, and controlling – will be analyzed and applied individually and for organizational structures.
Upon successful mastery of this competency, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of management.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the four tasks of management – (1) planning, (2) organizing, (3) leading, and (4) controlling.
- Demonstrate an understanding of mission, vision, and values in setting strategic goals and objectives for business success.
- Articulate a clear understanding of the impact of ethical behavior on the organizational level, particularly in the corporate arena.
- Demonstrate an understanding of leading people and organizations.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the competitive advantage building blocks – (1) efficiency, (2) innovation, (3) quality, and (4) responsiveness to customers.