MGTC 305 – Legal Environment (1)
Business entities in the United States operate in a unique legal environment. As a business professional, it is important to have an understanding of the legal and historical structures that impact business activity. In this competency, you will explore foundational principles of business law, the historical and statutory frameworks that impact various business decisions, and learn about the various torts and crimes that most often occur in business environments.
Upon successful mastery of this competency, you will be able to:
- Understand the relationship between business and society.
- List the four sources of law and describe the differences between criminal laws, civil laws and ethics.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the different types and functions of courts.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the different types of business crimes and torts.
- Demonstrate an understanding of government regulation and its application to antitrust and environmental protection.
- Recognize how governments and legal systems affect international business.