- Business Studies
- MGTC 310 – Contracting and Negotiation (1)
MGTC 310 – Contracting and Negotiation (1)
This competency introduces the student to contract law and examines some of the important parts of intellectual property law. We will discuss how to determine whether a valid contract exists and what happens when someone breaches. We will also discuss how contracts can be negotiated.
Upon successful mastery of this competency, you will be able to:
- Identify the five elements of a valid contract.
- Identify the classification and types of contracts and their application.
- Explain breach of contract and potential remedies.
- Understand the negotiation process and how to negotiate strategically and effectively. Describe the different types of intellectual property (e.g., patents, copyrights, and trademarks).