- Business Studies
- MGTC 345 – Transportation (1.5)
MGTC 345 – Transportation (1.5)
You will develop an understanding of the overarching principles and methods associated with the various modes of transportation, including the roles of various stakeholders in transportation, the impact of C-TPAT, the use of freight terms in the industry, and the tradeoffs involved in using delivery tracking systems, delivery performance measurements, and resolution processes. You will also develop an understanding of transportation metrics and planning/ distribution options and learn about the key components of a communication plan to internal and external stakeholders.
Upon successful mastery of this competency, you will be able to:
- Develop an understanding of the benefits and costs associate with various modes o transportation including multi-modal shipments.
- Develop an understanding of the various roles of shipping companies, customers, suppliers and freight forwarders; as well as Customs-Trade Partnerships Against Terrorism.
- Develop an understanding of freight terms (domestic and international, delivery tracking systems, delivery performance measurements, and resolution processes)
- Analyze direct traffic/distribution options and develop a communication plan to ensure optimum flow of material.