- Business Studies
- MGTC 350 – Materials and Inventory Management (1.5)
MGTC 350 – Materials and Inventory Management (1.5)
This course examines the value of cost savings achieved through implementation of warehouse and inventory management systems; inventory management project plans; and technology for a warehouse management system (WMS). Specific topics include flowcharts, asset classification and radio-frequency identification (RFID).
Upon successful mastery of this competency, you will be able to:
- Develop an understanding of the value and costs savings available through implementation of warehouse and inventory management systems.
- Develop an understanding of an inventory management project plan, which considers: customer requirements; cost; and technology for warehouse management systems (WMS).
- Create a flowchart to track the movement of goods or services within an organization.
- Develop an understanding of asset classification including physical tracking systems (bar coding, asset tags, s/n’s, RFID).