- Accounting & Economics
- ACCC 235 – Financial Planning and Control (1.5)
ACCC 235 – Financial Planning and Control (1.5)
The Financial Planning and Control competency focuses on a company’s short-term and long-term financing needs based on available financial and operational information. This is the sixth in a series of eight accounting competencies and should be taken after Accounting for Managerial Decisions.
Upon successful mastery of this competency, you will be able to:
- Develop a forecast of short and long-term financing needs and pro forma financial statements.
- Prepare a budget and use variance analysis to evaluate performance.
- Demonstrate knowledge of standard costing and variances.
- Perform profitability and cost analyses of businesses and business segments.
- Construct a balanced scorecard for strategic planning and control purposes considering both quantitative and qualitative data.