- Business Studies
- MGTC 435 – Social Responsibility & Risk (3)
MGTC 435 – Social Responsibility & Risk (3)
In this competency, you will apply what you have learned about business ethics and supply management conduct, with a particular focus on sustainability, social responsibility, and risk. You will understand the importance of identifying and planning for risk factors and how these factors are indicative of sustainability and social responsibility. There is a direct correlation between the management of risk and the level of sustainability and social responsibility an organization achieves. Planning, through the practice of managing risk at multiple levels, ensures a high level of sustainability through creative processes, continuous innovation and improvements, and the application of adaptive strategies. The policies and standards can then be assessed to ensure that sustainable goals are well implemented and desired outcomes are successfully realized.
Upon successful mastery of this competency, you will be able to:
- Develop an understanding of principles and standards of ethical supply management conduct, principles of sustainability and social responsibility, and organizational policies.
- Develop an understanding of ISM Principles of Sustainability and Social Responsibility and Audit.
- Develop an understanding of the need for communication and training about sustainability and social responsibility to key stakeholders.
- Develop an understanding of (1) financial risk; (2) operational risk; (3) brand/reputation risk; (4) legal risk; (5) environmental risk; and (6) technical risk.
- Evaluate an organization’s risk exposure with respect to the storage/disposal of hazardous/regulated materials and related documentation.
- Develop an understanding of customer-driven requirements, laws and regulations related to documentation, storage, handling, transportation, and disposal (“cradle to grave”).