- Business Studies
- MKTC 440 – Branding and Packaging Decisions (3)
MKTC 440 – Branding and Packaging Decisions (3)
This competency focuses on one of the most valuable assets a company can own: its brand. 37
You will learn the components that help to create, manage, and protect brand equity. You will learn about positioning and branding strategies, as well as how to distinguish between brand extension and brand equity. Finally, you will learn what it takes to build a brand through utilization of product packaging, labeling strategies, and positioning techniques. Having an understanding of your company's brand and how to best protect it will help you to develop and grow the value of your brand.
Upon successful mastery of this competency, you will be able to:
- Develop an understanding of brand/positioning strategies and the various types of branding strategies used by firms.
- Distinguish between brand extension and brand equity.
- Describe the advantages of a product's packaging and labeling strategy.
- Describe how firms develop value propositions to build a brand utilizing positioning techniques and strategies.