MKTC 450 – Advertising, Public Relations, Direct Marketing, and Sales Promotion (1)
This competency looks into the key concepts related to designing and executing an advertising campaign. You will learn how advertising media, sales promotions and use of a Public Relations (PR) tool kit, along with Direct Marketing techniques, contribute to generating successful sales and increasing revenue. Finally, you will learn how to effectively utilize advertising, PR campaigns, and sponsorships, as well as how to successfully navigate both good and bad publicity. Knowing what each part of your organization’s advertising and promotional departments do will enable you to work smarter while coordinating with them, and to better support your organization’s customer outreach effort.
Upon successful mastery of this competency, you will be able to:
- Describe the steps in designing an advertising campaign.
- Describe the steps in executing an advertising campaign.
- Describe and explain the different techniques that advertisers use to appeal to consumers.
- Identify the various types of advertising media.
- Describe the elements of a public relations toolkit.
- Identify the variety of methods used in direct marketing and the advantages and disadvantages of each method.
- Identify the various types of sales promotions.