- Business Studies
- MKTC 465 – Business-to-Business Marketing (3)
MKTC 465 – Business-to-Business Marketing (3)
"Business-to-business transactions" occur between companies, rather than between companies and consumers. The term "B2B" may also describe a company that provides goods or services for another company. The biggest challenges in business-to-business marketing are truly understanding the business customer's needs and effectively communicating the value of the products or services being offered to the customer. In this competency, you will learn how businesses engaged in B2B transactions develop and deploy effective marketing plans.
Upon successful mastery of this competency, you will be able to:
- Describe the ways in which business-to-business (B2B) firms segment their markets.
- Understand the B2B buying process.
- Understand the key differences between B2B and business-to-consumer (B2C) marketing.
- Identify the different roles and interests within the buying center.