MKTC 470 – Middlemen and Multichannel Market (3)
Middlemen include wholesalers, retailers, agents, and brokers. The main objective of marketing is to create valuable exchanges between consumers and producers. Middlemen, also referred to as “intermediaries,” play a vital part in ensuring that the distribution channel between the producer and the consumer is complete. The more intermediaries in the supply chain, the higher the distribution channel. The higher the distribution channel, the larger the potential market share could be.
Upon successful mastery of this competency, you will be able to:
- Identify and discuss the factors that suppliers and manufacturers should consider as they develop their strategy for working with middlemen including wholesalers, retailers, and assemblers.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the various levels of distribution intensity and services to be provided at each level.
- Illustrate various types of retailers and the benefits and challenges for each type.
- Explain the benefits and challenges of multichannel marketing.
- Demonstrate the strategies used in managing complementary supply chains and marketing channels.
- Recommend the appropriate distribution channel and services for a new product or service, starting from raw materials to the ultimate customer.